Lumic is an FTTx pure dark-fibre connectivity solution that enables you to connect multiple customers in single or multi-tenant locations back to a corresponding DFA aggregation node. A Lumic service can terminate at a guardhouse, building basement, street cabinet, or manhole. You connect your own active network equipment to have full control over the aggregation and the services that you provide to your customer.
The newly optimized Lumic service enables you to use pure dark-fibre infrastructure for multiple end customers at a location such as a business park, shopping mall, or residential estate, to a corresponding DFA aggregation node.
- End-to-end pure dark fibre between your aggregated last-mile traffic from a multi-tenant location and a corresponding DFA aggregation node.
- Allows you to connect your own active network equipment for unlimited, uncapped throughput.
Lumic is a dark-fibre service that places no limits on aggregation or capacity, enabling you to offer your business customers the connectivity they need for critical business applications.
|Connectivity options||Tachyon or DFA aggregation node to access site|
|Non-recurring charge||Connection fee|
|Monthly recurring charge||Fixed lease payment|
|Lease/payment terms||2, 5,10 & 15 years|
|Fibre pairs|| |
|Optional redundancy||Diverse link back to same Tachyon enabled node|
|Access build|| |
|Service level|| |
Terms and conditions
- Lumic links are available only in the vicinity of DFA aggregation nodes within predefined DFA aggregation areas.
- One termination point must always be at a DFA aggregation node.
- Feasibility will be determined within a predefined distance from our existing infrastructure which is subject to technical and commercial feasibility. Additional build can be provided at a nominal rate per meter.
- DFA will install its own reticulation in accordance with the rules of the landlord up to the agreed termination point.
- Any third-party costs that the landlord may charge will be for your account.
- You will need to install and maintain your own equipment, including but not limited to:
- Reticulation in the business premises
- Landlord permissions.
- You will need to negotiate landlord permission for fibre entry. DFA will assist where possible.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you are cancelling an order.
- If you are ordering a diverse Lumic link, you must clearly specify that in your order and indicate the primary Lumic link.
- If a second access entry is needed for the diverse link, DFA will cover the build cost subject to feasibility rules.
- Standard Lumic feasibility rules apply to diverse links
- Infrastructure beyond fibre termination point, including in-building reticulation and maintenance.
- Connecting directly to third-party fibre extensions (whether spliced or via an interconnect, such as a connectorized joint) unless passing through an aggregation device (passive splitter or active equipment).
- Reselling as dark-fibre service.
- Third party costs, i.e. such as third-party reticulation is for your account.
- Using, in part or in full, for:
- core-network backhaul
- mobile backhaul
- Terminating at locations such as:
- data centres
- high sites
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.