Last-mile dark-fibre infrastructure that enables you to aggregate multiple connections from a multi-tenant business site to a Tachyon aggregation node.
Lumic is the ideal solution to aggregating multiple FTTB connections onto our premium dark-fibre backhaul infrastructure.
Lumic is a dark-fibre service that places no limits on aggregation or capacity, enabling you to offer your business customers the connectivity they need for critical business applications.
|Connectivity options||Tachyon or DFA PoP to access site|
|Non-recurring charge||Connection fee|
|Monthly recurring charge||Fixed lease payment|
|Lease/payment terms||5 years|
Optional additional pairs at a reduced cost
|Optional redundancy||Diverse link back to same Tachyon node|
|Access build||Entry into meet-me room at access site
In-building reticulation from meet-me-room to end customer (cost limit)
8-hour mean time to repair
Terms and conditions
- Lumic links are available only in the vicinity of DFA PoPs within predefined DFA aggregation areas.
- Lumic links cannot cross aggregation-area boundaries.
- Lumic links may not terminate in the following types of locations:
- data centres
- switching centres that connect to multiple third-party providers
- high sites
- carrier meet-me rooms
- RAN high sites (2G, 3G, 3.5G, 4G, 5G and future RAN evolution) and DAS systems that use licensed and unlicensed frequencies
- licensed and unlicensed microwave backhaul
- any other ECNS wireless-access-network service.
- A monthly cross-connection fee will apply for every Lumic link.
- A Lumic link may connect to your GPON equipment.
- One termination point must always be at a DFA PoP.
- A primary link will be the initial dark-fibre pair to a location. A secondary link will be any subsequent dark-fibre pairs to the same location using the same ducting infrastructure as the primary link.
- The actual duct distance of a Lumic link can extend up to 70 m from the DFA infrastructure to a handhole at the public boundary of the premises that you wish to connect. If you need an actual duct distance of more than 70 metres, the build will be for your account.
- When you commit to a large-volume roll-out of Lumic services, the average actual duct distance of each Lumic link must remain within 70 m from the DFA infrastructure to a handhole at the public boundary of the premises that you wish to connect, up to a maximum of 150 m per link. DFA will track the average and report on it quarterly.
- You cannot use a Lumic link to connect your
- core nodes to each other
- core nodes to PoPs to aggregate multiple end customers onto one link.
- If you violate the terms of service, DFA may automatically migrate a Lumic link to a suitable alternative service and backdate the billing to the start date of the original Lumic contract term.
- If the building has existing reticulation, DFA will install its own reticulation in accordance with the rules of the landlord.
- Any third-party costs that the landlord may charge will be for your account.
- If the access build and reticulation costs exceed R34,000, the excess will be for your account.
- You will need to install and maintain your own equipment, including:
- Reticulation in the business premises
- Landlord permissions.
- You will need to negotiate landlord permission for fibre entry. DFA will assist where possible.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.
- If you are ordering a diverse Lumic link, you must clearly specify that in your order and indicate the primary Lumic link.
- If a second access entry is needed for the diverse link, DFA will cover the build cost subject to feasibility rules.
- Standard Lumic feasibility rules apply to diverse links.
- Renewals are subject to feasibility.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
- DFA will waive the penalty for an early link termination if you order another Lumic link at the same or a higher contract value as that of the terminated link’s remaining contract term. The following will apply:
- The terminated link will be billed until the new link is built and signed off.
- The new link will have its own full contract term and will be subject to the standard product rules.
- You will need to pay the remaining pro-rata costs for the build, installation, activation, and testing.
- You will need to pay any third-party costs that DFA may incur as a result of the termination and substitution.
- After the initial five-year contract expires:
- month-to-month billing will continue at the initial rate until you terminate or renew the service
- you need to give 30 days’ notice before terminating a Lumic service
- the monthly recurring charge is subject to change.