Peregrine Long Haul
Dark-fibre infrastructure that gives you unrestricted connectivity between predefined sites along the long-haul route from a submarine-cable landing station to a metro.
Peregrine is the foundation of our dark-fibre network. Our network footprint in metro areas and smaller towns is extensive. This means that you can connect almost any site to another using the most reliable and unimpeded communications technology available today.
With Peregrine Long Haul, you can take full advantage of dark fibre along our long-haul routes.
Predefined repeater sites along DFA long-haul route /
Other small towns along the DFA long-haul route
|Non-recurring charge||Connection fee|
|Monthly recurring charge||Minimum monthly lease /
Predefined duct distance × 1.1 routing factor × R/metre
|Discount criteria||Lease term|
|Lease / payment terms||5, 10, or 15 years
Fixed monthly lease payment /
Down payment with reduced fixed monthly lease payment
|Fibre pairs||Single /
4-hour mean time to repair
|Fault monitoring||Main route|
Terms and conditions
- If you need the Peregrine Long Haul link to terminate at your own premises, the following will apply:
- The Peregrine Long Haul link must terminate in the predefined DFA repeater site or PoP that is closest to your site.
- You must order a Peregrine Metro link from the DFA repeater site or PoP to your site to complete the end-to-end link.
- No drops or equipment are allowed along the following routes:
- Teraco Isando–Persequor Park
- Stanger–Internet Solutions
- Umhlanga–Teraco Riverhorse Valley
- Montague Gardens–Teraco Cape Town
- Teraco Isando–Springs
- Teraco Isando–Vanderbijlpark.
- Peregrine Long Haul is not available along the following routes:
- Teraco Isando–Persequor Park
- Teraco Riverhorse Valley–Internet Solutions Umhlanga
- Teraco Rondebosch–Melkbosstrand
- Drops are subject to feasibility and customer-specific solution design.
- Break-ins along the route are subject to feasibility and impact analysis.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.
- DFA will monitor and maintain the main fibre route.
- DFA will provide access into DFA repeater or PoP sites.
- Build from existing DFA infrastructure to your premises will be for your account. This includes material, installation, and maintenance costs.
- A Peregrine Long Haul link between Teraco Isando and Teraco Riverhorse Valley consists of multiple repeater sites, and you will need to order hosting space at each of the repeater sites.
- Collocation, power, and cross connects at Tachyon nodes will be for your account.
Aggregation and subleasing
- You may use a Peregrine Long Haul service to aggregate traffic.
- You may not sublease Peregrine Long Haul dark fibre.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
DFA will waive the penalty for an early link termination if you order another Peregrine Long Haul link at the same or a higher contract value as that of the terminated link’s remaining contract term. The following will apply:
- The new link must be between two PoPs.
- The terminated link will be billed until the new link is built and signed off.
- The new link will have its own full contract term and will be subject to the standard product rules.