Safe, secure collocation and aggregation facilities for your equipment, so you can deliver services to your customers right to the last mile. It acts as an aggregation point for your access network.
Tachyon nodes are at strategic locations in our network, covering all major metros and small towns where we have network footprint. This means you can build your own core network by positioning your equipment close to your customers’ sites and efficiently backhauling traffic between the last-mile and your core network.
Tachyon lets you host your network equipment wherever your customers are. It is a cost-effective way to aggregate traffic in a geographical area.
|Connectivity options||Host client network equipment /
Aggregate traffic in geographical area /
Aggregate traffic from backhaul to core
|Monthly recurring charge||Based on rack space, electricity, cross-connects, etc.|
|Lease/payment terms||5 years|
|Rack space options||¼ (7U usable space) /
⅓ (11U usable space) /
½ (18U usable space) /
Full rack (39U usable space)
|Cabinet space||43U (600 × 600 split)|
|Fibre||Single-mode G.657.A1 connectorized (LC/PC) tail in equipment rack|
|Service level||4-hour backup batteries|
|Monitoring||Remote silent monitoring|
Terms and conditions
- Tachyon facilities and rack space are subject to availability.
- Only ¼ rack space will be available at certain Tachyon facilities.
- Only DFA fibre can be terminated at a Tachyon facility. This includes fibre from the Tachyon facility to your premises and backhaul fibre from the Tachyon facility to your core.
- The links can be patched through inside the facility to provide a link between two of your access sites in the same aggregation area. A cross-connection fee will apply.
- You can order multiple services that terminate in the Tachyon facility.
- You may establish your own cross connects between your equipment within your allocated space, e.g. within your allocated ⅓ or ¼
- You may not establish your own cross connects to third parties or other racks in the Tachyon facility, whether between your own equipment or between your equipment and another DFA client’s equipment in the same collocation facility.
- You may not sublease Tachyon facilities or rack space.
- If a you have multiple racks in the same Tachyon facility, DFA will provide fibre patching between your equipment.
- If the Tachyon node is in the basement of a building and you install your own reticulation to your end customer in the building, DFA will provide a cross connect from the Tachyon facility to the nearest common meet-me room. A per cross-connection fee will apply.
- Additional rates will apply for excess rack-space use and power consumption.
- DFA may apply an annual inflation-based increase to the monthly recurring charge.
- The electricity component of the Tachyon facility lease cost is subject NERSA-approved electricity-cost reviews.
Terminations and cancellations
- The lease term and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.