Dark-fibre infrastructure that enables you to connect a high volume of base stations to each other and to your base station core network.
Titan is a flat-rate-based dark-fibre solution designed to connect your base transceiver stations to one another and to your base station core network. Titan can start and end at the same site, or start at one site and end at another.
|Connectivity options||Core PoP to PoP in ring terminating at the same or another core PoP /
PoP on existing ring to new PoP in a star topology /
PoP to new PoP in a star topology
|Monthly recurring charge||Flat rate|
|Lease / payment terms||Standard:
5, 10, or 15 years
|Fixed monthly lease payment /
Down payment with reduced fixed monthly lease payment
|Redundancy||Optional diverse link|
4-hour mean time to repair
Terms and conditions
- DFA may choose to build the duct infrastructure to connect your site to our existing infrastructure. In those cases, DFA will own the duct infrastructure and will be responsible for its maintenance.
- Titan links must be ordered in a ring or star topology.
- In a metro area, the average distance of each of your Titan links in a ring must not exceed 5 km. The actual duct distance is used to calculate the average link distance.
- If an exceptionally long link in a ring would increase your average Titan link distance above 5 km, you have the following options to lower the average:
- Order the long link as a Peregrine link.
- Establish new points of presence in the geographical area to shorten the link.
- You may choose to build your own duct infrastructure from existing DFA infrastructure to your sites. In those cases, you will own the duct infrastructure and will be responsible for its maintenance.
- You may use a Titan link as a spur to connect a site in a star topology to an existing ring.
- Your core network must consist of 100 km of Peregrine links to qualify for Titan links, or you must commit to ordering 100 km of Peregrine links within 24 months from first ordering a Titan link.
- Titan Small Cell services are available only on existing DFA infrastructure and includes a predefined build distance.
- DFA will monitor and maintain the main fibre routes over which your connectivity is provided. DFA will not monitor the access duct and the entry into a private property where DFA has installed fibre via your duct infrastructure.
- Build from existing DFA infrastructure to your premises will be for your account. This includes material, installation, and maintenance costs.
- Permanent repairs on your access infrastructure will be for your account. DFA can provide maintenance on infrastructure that you own at an additional agreed fee to be negotiated before any repairs.
- Third-party costs will be for your own account.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.
- A diverse link is subject to feasibility.
- Renewals are subject to feasibility.
Aggregation and subleasing
- You may use a Titan service to aggregate traffic.
- You may not sublease Titan dark fibre.
Terminations and cancellation
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
- DFA may waive the penalty for an early link termination if you order another Titan link at the same or a higher contract value as that of the terminated link’s remaining contract term. The following will apply:
- The new link must be to a connected location.
- The terminated link will be billed until the new link is built and signed off.
- The new link will have its own full contract term and will be subject to the standard product rules.