The Business Broadband service uses various last-mile technologies to provide cost-effective, best-effort end-to-end connectivity between you and your end-customers in DFA-connected buildings.
Where affordability is the key criterion, Business Broadband is the solution.
Business Broadband gives you an affordable, best-effort-connectivity solution that enables you to connect your customers in DFA connected buildings to our core with minimal effort.
|Service types||Broadband |
Asymmetrical – up to 1:4
|Coverage||DFA connected buildings|
|Access technology||Dedicated Ethernet / |
Microwave (PTP and PTMP) /
4G or 5G
|Non-recurring charge||Access setup |
GNNI port setup
|Monthly recurring charge||Last-mile access |
|Lease/payment terms||2 years|
|Equipment||Standard customer premises equipment|
|Bandwidth options||10Mbit/s / |
|Service configuration||End-point bandwidth per service |
1 VLAN per service
|GNNI||1Gbit/s with support for 100 VLANs |
|Service level||Best effort |
48-hour mean time to repair
|Monitoring||Layer 2 service monitoring|
Terms and conditions
- Business Broadband is available only in DFA-connected buildings.
- If you present an opportunity for nine or more Business Broadband services at a non-DFA-connected building, DFA may consider providing connectivity to the building with a maximum trenching distance of 20 metres.
- DFA does not recommend a bandwidth-contention ratio higher than 15:1.
- Individual business cases may be conducted for large-scale requirements.
- You need a dedicated GNNI for Business Broadband services.
- You may split the GNNI bandwidth across multiple GNNIs to get a volume benefit across your entire network. You must specify the bandwidth split across GNNIs when you place your order.
Throughput rate and bursting
- No bursting above the configured bandwidth on each client service and the aggregation interface will be allowed.
- DFA will provide and manage standard customer premises equipment. DFA will own the equipment.
- Any cross-connection fees will be for your account.
- Any third-party costs that the landlord may charge will be for your account.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.