Calypte Long Haul
Calypte Long Haul is a cost-effective solution that gives you rate-monitored connectivity between predefined sites along the long-haul route from a submarine-cable landing station to a metro.
If you don’t need unlimited speed all the time, Calypte lets you choose a burstable data rate while still giving you the benefit of dark fibre. There is no hard limit on the bandwidth – your traffic can exceed the chosen data rate for short periods – and you can permanently upgrade or downgrade your bandwidth. Together with Tachyon, Peregrine, and Helios, it enables you to design and build your network in the most cost-effective way.
Predefined repeater sites along DFA long-haul route /
|Non-recurring charge||Connection fee|
|Monthly recurring charge||Monthly lease
Dependent on zone and selected throughput
|Lease/payment terms||5 years
Fixed monthly lease payment
|Redundancy||Core route protection|
|Interface options||1Gbit/s /
10Gbit/s for throughput above 800Mbit/s /
Larger capacities available in selected cases
|Service level||4-hour mean time to repair|
|Monitoring||Layer 2 service monitoring|
Terms and conditions
- A Calypte Long Haul service between Teraco Isando and Teraco Riverhorse Valley may have drops at DFA PoPs in in small towns along the DFA route:
- eMkhondo (Piet Retief)
- Zulu Rock
- A Calypte Long Haul service between Teraco Isando and Ermelo may have drops at DFA PoPs in Secunda.
- A Calypte Long Haul service between Teraco Isando and Potchefstroom may have drops at DFA PoPs in:
- If you need a Calypte Long Haul service from one metro area to another and you need to aggregate traffic at a repeater or PoP in one or more of the small towns along the long-haul fibre route, a monthly port fee shall apply.
- For a Calypte Long Haul route from Teraco Isando to Teraco Rondebosch, DFA will provide a breakout in Bloemfontein.
Throughput rate and bursting
- No bursting will be allowed.
- You may permanently upgrade your Calypte Long Haul service to a higher throughput-rate bracket without a penalty and without affecting the contract term.
- You may downgrade a Calypte Long Haul service on a 10Gbit/s interface only after 24 months.
- You may not downgrade a Calypte Long Haul service to a lower throughput rate than that of the initial order.
- A configuration fee for downgrades and other configuration changes will apply, which will depend on whether the downgrade must be implemented during office hours or after hours.
- A diverse link is subject to feasibility.
- Protected services can be provided, where feasible, and will be provided on a case by case basis.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.
- An early termination penalty equal to the contract value of the remainder of the term will apply.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if DFA incurs costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready or you cancelling an order.