Our Magellan solution is an MEF 3.0 certified layer two managed connectivity service that connects two of your sites to each other. We provide and manage the end-to-end service, offering you Quality-of-Service (QoS) connectivity. Our Magellan offering is designed to enable you to connect all your end customers to your network seamlessly.
- End-to-end Layer 2 connectivity from the end customer location to your network interconnection point.
- Guaranteed throughput.
- MEF 3.0 certified giving you validated performance excellence and competitive differentiation.
Our Magellan solution is based on MEF CE 3.0 active Ethernet technology. This service acts as a replacement for circuit-switched services. You can use it to connect either two of your own sites or your end customers’ sites, with last mile fibre connectivity.
|Service types|| |
Point-to-point access Ethernet Private Line (E-Access EPL)
|Coverage||Sites within predefined proximity to our network|
|Access technology|| |
|Non-recurring charge|| |
|Monthly recurring charge|| |
|Lease/payment terms||1, 2, 3, or 5 years|
|Equipment||Standard customer premises equipment|
|Interface options|| |
Core network protection
|Bandwidth options|| |
● 5Mbps for 5Mbps–100Mbps
|Service configuration|| |
End-point bandwidth per service
|ENNI options|| |
|Service level|| |
Standard SLA of:
● 99.5% availability
|Monitoring||Layer 2 service monitoring|
Terms and conditions
- ENNIs are available at our points of presence and are subject to feasibility.
- Feasibility will be determined within a predefined distance from our existing infrastructure which is subject to technical and commercial feasibility. Additional build can be provided at a nominal rate per meter.
- For multiple services, we will allow a maximum of three VLANs. Additional VLANs are available as customer-specific solutions.
- We recommend that a service terminate at an ENNI within the same region. If a service terminates at an ENNI in another region, there may be additional network congestion and latency, which could affect mission-critical applications.
- You may split the ENNI bandwidth across multiple ENNIs to get a volume benefit across your entire network. You must specify the bandwidth split across ENNIs when you place your order
- We will provide customer premises equipment at the end-customer premises or multiport customer premises equipment in a shared facility.
- The customer premises equipment carries a warranty of 24 months from date of installation at the customer premises. If you or your end customer damages the customer premises equipment owing to negligence, or if the customer premises equipment is stolen or lost, the replacement cost will be for your account.
- You must ensure that access sites are ready and accessible for us to install the equipment.
- You will be responsible for cross connects at the ENNI.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that electricity, earthing, cabinet space, and cooling are ready at the access site prior to the installation date.
- You will be responsible for landlord approvals for any private-property build.
- You will be responsible for the insurance of the customer premises equipment once it has been installed at the end customer’s site.
- You will be liable for abortive costs if we incur costs as a result of, among other things, your sites not being ready for installation or you cancelling an order.
- We will bill in advance for Magellan services.
- Bandwidth upgrades are allowed.
- Access bandwidth downgrades are allowed, but you may not downgrade to a bandwidth lower than that of the initial order. You may downgrade a Magellan service below the initial order only after the end of the initial contract term.
- You may upgrade or downgrade the ENNI bandwidth at any time.
- A configuration fee for downgrades and other configuration changes will apply, which will depend on whether the downgrade must be implemented during office hours or after hours.
- A migration fee for ENNI interface change from 1Gbps to 10Gbps will apply.
- Bursting above the committed information rate.
- Sharing Magellan ENNI with other services.
- Downgrading to below the initial bandwidth during the active contract term.
- Third party costs, i.e. such as third-party reticulation is for your account.
Terminations and cancellations
- The terms and conditions for termination will be stipulated in the commercial agreement.